Are you thinking about starting a career in massage therapy?
This Massage School Finder is just a fast, uncomplicated guide for locating affordable and well-known massage education classes at numerous cities around the nation.
Some of these coaching programs are specifically for newbies, while others are available for working practitioners interested in continuing education credit and learning the latest methods.
A prospective student will find a few classes, a fast occupational employment preparation program or a comprehensive certification program in one of an assortment of categories of massage treatment.
This particular area of the medical and wellness market is growing. A large number of folks are using restorative massage to enrich their overall health and locate relief from pains, injuries and tension.
Doctors and other medical authorities are increasingly referring patients to massage therapists for natural, hands-on individual treatments.
Where Will I Work?
As a certified massage therapist, you might have a great deal of vocational choices.
You may decide to take a position in healthcare or chiropractor offices, medical centers, rehab facilities, hotels, health clubs, sports medicine clinics, health salons, or you might possibly launch your own small business.
What are the Classes Like?
Once you’re enrolled as a massage therapy student, you will take classes in a number of topics. These topics could feature basics of contemporary western and eastern styles; masseuse techniques; seated techniques; heat therapy; deep tissue treatments; movement, stretching and exercise; practical anatomy and body structure; sports-related care and medical spa procedures.
Students might also learn procedures for appropriately working with patients in a health related environment.
What’s the First Step?
The first step is to find a good school. Look at our collection of Alaska schools for a few choices of programs that will get you qualified and into a brand new career within just a short period of time.
You can get rolling right now.
Some local and online schools:
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Maybe this isn’t your career field. So what about a different technical area – Community Colleges Online.