Being a massage therapist can be a good career, but is it right for you?
Our Massage School Finder website is a quick, uncomplicated guide to exploring affordable and well-known massage therapy training classes at numerous locations across the country.
A number of these education programs are specifically for beginners, while other courses are suitable for experienced therapists searching for continuing education credit and acquiring new and more advanced tactics.
An interested applicant is able to find a few courses, a concise vocational career training program or a total diploma program in one of a few different styles of massage.
This section of the medical and well-being industry is thriving. A growing number of folks are working with massage therapies to enrich their overall health and seek relief from discomfort, injuries and anxiety.
Healthcare authorities are frequently sending patients to experienced therapists for safe, organic individual healing.
Where are the Jobs?
When you graduate as a qualified masseuse, you should have plenty of professional prospects.
You might choose to take a position in doctors or chiropractors clinics, hospitals, treatment facilities, resorts and hotels, fitness clubs, sports clinics, medical spas, or you might also begin your personal small business.
What are the Classes Like?
Once you’re enrolled as a massage therapy student, you might study a number of subjects. These subject areas could feature basics of eastern style and contemporary western style; masseuse techniques; seated options; heat therapies; deep tissue treatments; stretching, movement and exercise; basic anatomy and physiology; and health spa procedures.
Individuals may also learn techniques for competently dealing with patients in a medical care environment.
What Should I Do First?
The first thing is to uncover a good local school. Look at our listing of Arkansas schools for a few ideas of classes that could get you prepared and into a brand new vocation within a brief amount of time.
You might get rolling now.
Local or online choices:
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Massage Therapy - Diploma
Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design (ACB) was incorporated under the laws of the state of Arkansas in May 1974. The school was previously located at 401 Main Street in North Little Rock, AR. In1984, the school was relocated to its current location at 200 East Washington Ave and has been incontinuous operation since that time. ACB opened with seven (7) students and sixteen (16) chairs andcurrently have forty-two (42) multi-purpose chairs and an average of sixty-five (65) students. Our purpose is to provide quality training in barbering and hairstyling to the residents of this and other states.
- Teacher, Manager, Instructor (TMI)
- Barber/Hair Stylist
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Not sure if giving massages is the right field for you? This site has more info about technical diplomas.