Being a massage therapist can be a good career, but is it right for you?
Our Massage School Finder website is a quick, uncomplicated guide to exploring affordable and well-known massage therapy training classes at numerous locations across the country.
A number of these education programs are specifically for beginners, while other courses are suitable for experienced therapists searching for continuing education credit and acquiring new and more advanced tactics.
An interested applicant is able to find a few courses, a concise vocational career training program or a total diploma program in one of a few different styles of massage.
This section of the medical and well-being industry is thriving. A growing number of folks are working with massage therapies to enrich their overall health and seek relief from discomfort, injuries and anxiety.
Healthcare authorities are frequently sending patients to experienced therapists for safe, organic individual healing.
Where are the Jobs?
When you graduate as a qualified masseuse, you should have plenty of professional prospects.
You might choose to take a position in doctors or chiropractors clinics, hospitals, treatment facilities, resorts and hotels, fitness clubs, sports clinics, medical spas, or you might also begin your personal small business.
What are the Classes Like?
Once you’re enrolled as a massage therapy student, you might study a number of subjects. These subject areas could feature basics of eastern style and contemporary western style; masseuse techniques; seated options; heat therapies; deep tissue treatments; stretching, movement and exercise; basic anatomy and physiology; and health spa procedures.
Individuals may also learn techniques for competently dealing with patients in a medical care environment.
What Should I Do First?
The first thing is to uncover a good local school. Look at our listing of Arkansas schools for a few ideas of classes that could get you prepared and into a brand new vocation within a brief amount of time.
You might get rolling now.
Local or online choices:
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Massage Therapy - Diploma
Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design (ACB) was incorporated under the laws of the state of Arkansas in May 1974. The school was previously located at 401 Main Street in North Little Rock, AR. In1984, the school was relocated to its current location at 200 East Washington Ave and has been incontinuous operation since that time. ACB opened with seven (7) students and sixteen (16) chairs andcurrently have forty-two (42) multi-purpose chairs and an average of sixty-five (65) students. Our purpose is to provide quality training in barbering and hairstyling to the residents of this and other states.
- Teacher, Manager, Instructor (TMI)
- Barber/Hair Stylist
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Not sure if giving massages is the right field for you? This site has more info about technical diplomas.