Elgin Community College
• Elgin Community College, or ECC, is located in Elgin, Illinois.
• ECC tries to provide their students with a many different dimensional education that successfully prepares them to complete the state licensure exam and for a holistic career in massage therapy.
• ECC believes that massage therapy is projected to have a faster than average growth rate over the next several years.
• Students can also explore different careers and learning styles.
• A career in massage therapy is quite flexible and is well suited for self-motivated individuals.
• Massage therapists in this state must sit for and pass the National Certification Exam for Therapeutic Massage before applying for their Illinois license.
• This three semester program often consists of these specific classes:
Theory and Fundamentals of Massage Wellness Concepts
A & P For Massage Therapists
Musculoskeletal Palpation I
Basic Massage and Bodywork
Massage Therapy Practice Clinic I
Pathology & Pharmaceuticals
Kinesiology and Applied Therapies
A & P For Massage Therapists II
Musculoskeletal Palpation II
Massage Practice Clinic II
Supplemental Massage Techniques
Eastern/Energetic Theory & Technique
Business For Massage Therapists
Massage Therapy Practice Clinic III
Clinical Case Report
• Elgin Community College is a large school and usually has over 16,000 students enrolled at any one time.
Go visit this college right now
Search for yourself:
Passaic County Community College is a school in New Jersey. They don't offer massage programs, but they are a good example of a local career training school.
List of options for some of the bigger schools in the country.
Butler County Community College in Butler, PA offers a certificate of achievement in Massage Therapy. Students are taught theory, techniques and practice. Classes involve the study of anatomy, physiology, pathology, treatment techniques, standards of massage practice and ethics.
Utica College in Utica, New York has a bachelor's degree in health studies. While this program will not lead directly to licensure or a professional massage certification, it can be a foundation for more specialized study. Students study health from anatomy to anthropology. Graduates often eventually move on into various health-related professions including health administration, exercise physiology, athletic training, physical therapy and occupational therapy.
States if you would like to look at classes in your state.
City List if you want to see if your city is on the list.
Copyright © 2016 www.MassageSchoolFinder.com. All rights are reserved.