Are you interested in a new career as a massage therapist?
This Massage School Finder website is just a short, convenient guide to exploring affordable and highly regarded massage therapy education courses at various points across the nation.
A lot of these instruction courses are ideal for beginners, while others are suitable for working practitioners who are interested in continuing education credit and mastering advanced techniques.
A person can find a few classes, a modest trade job preparation program or a complete diploma package in one of a few various styles of massage.
This specific sector of the healthcare and wellness industry is expanding. Many individuals are employing therapeutic massage to enhance their health and search out relief from pains, accidents and tension.
Doctors and other health care authorities are increasingly sending folks to massage therapy for natural, hands-on patient treatment.
Where Will I Work?
As you become a competent masseuse, you should have a variety of vocational opportunities.
You may choose to go to work in medical or chiropractor offices, medical centers, rehabilitation clinics, hotels, health clubs, sports medical centers, health spas, or you can even launch your own private practice.
What Classes Will I Take?
Once you’re a massage therapy student, you may learn a variety of topics. These classes might involve introductions to contemporary eastern style and western style; masseuse techniques; sitting techniques; heat remedies; deep techniques; movement, stretching and fitness; primary physiology and anatomy; and medical spa procedures.
You may also be taught techniques for appropriately working with patients in a medical related environment.
What Should I Do First?
The first step is to uncover a great school. Check over our report of Georgia schools for a couple of suggestions of classes that could have you coached and into a new line of work within just a brief period of time.
You can start now.
Options for Georgia students:
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Massage Therapy
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Therapeutic Massage
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Massage Therapy - Diploma
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Respiratory Therapy
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MA)
Maybe this isn’t the right career field for you. Check out different career training in GA.