Do you have an interest in becoming a massage therapist?
This Massage School Finder is a quick, easy guide for researching popular and established massage therapy education sessions at multiple points around the country.
Some training programs are suited for newbies, while some courses are for experienced therapists who are going after continuing education credit and learning advanced tactics.
An interested applicant can locate single basic classes, a limited occupational job training program or a complete accreditation package in one of a few various types of massage therapy.
This area of the health and wellness market is expanding. A growing number of people are making use of restorative massage to augment their overall health and get relief from aches, injury and tension.
Doctors and other health care experts are frequently sending patients to massage practitioners for natural, non-chemical individual attention.
What is the Work Like?
When you graduate as a certified therapist, you will get lots of career choices.
You may decide to work in medical or chiropractic clinics, hospitals, treatment centers, hotels and resorts, fitness clubs, sports medical centers, medical and health spas, or you might even start your personal small business.
What Will I Study?
When you become a massage student, you might have courses in a range of topics. These individual courses could include basics of contemporary eastern and western styles; acupressure; seated massage; heated remedies; deep massage treatment; stretching, movement and exercise; practical anatomy and body structure; sports massage and health spa practices.
Students might also be taught tips for properly working with patients in a healthcare setting.
What Should I Do First?
The first thing is to uncover a good school. Examine our list of Idaho schools for some options of programs that can have you taught and into a brand new occupation within just a fairly short period of time.
You can get started right now.
Choices to consider:
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Utah College of Massage Therapy, that career can be yours.
Massage therapy is a flexible and rewarding career in which you not only take care of others – you also take care of yourself! You can work in a resort spa, cruise ship, medical office, sports clinic, destination spa, or a day spa close to home. You can even start your own private practice!
Classes start November 13!
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Check out other career choices. This page has details on culinary arts.