Does a massage therapy career sound interesting to you?
Our Massage School Finder site is a fast, effortless guide for finding popular and established massage instruction programs at assorted spots around the country.
Many of these instruction courses are ideal for beginners, while a few classes are suitable for experienced practitioners who are searching for continuing education credits and discovering new and more advanced methods.
You might sign up for individual classes, a quick occupational job training program or a complete certification package in one of an assortment of types of massage therapy.
This specific portion of the healthcare and wellness industry is expanding. Many folks are utilizing therapeutic massage to improve their overall health and find relief from pains, injuries and tension.
Health care professionals are frequently sending folks to massage clinics for natural, organic individual care.
What Are the Jobs Like?
Once you are a competent massage therapist, you’ll have several career prospects.
You can choose to work in healthcare or chiropractic clinics, medical centers, rehabilitation clinics, resorts and hotels, health clubs, sports clinics, health salons, or you might actually launch your own small business.
What Do We Study?
Once you’re a massage student, you may possibly study a variety of subjects. These courses might include basics of eastern style and contemporary western style; acupressure; seated techniques; heated treatment methods; deep tissue techniques; movement, stretching and physical exercise; simple anatomy and physiology; sports-related care and medical spa practices.
Students might also learn procedures for successfully dealing with patients in a medical related setting.
What’s My First Step?
To get started, your first step is to find a good school. Take a look at our list of Iowa schools for a couple of suggestions of classes that can get you trained and into your brand new vocation within just a brief amount of time.
You could get going now.
Look at these choices:
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Check into different alternatives. See more at this IA page.