Does working as a massage therapist sound good to you?
This Massage School Finder is just a quick, simple guide for exploring popular and recognized massage therapy instruction lessons at many locations across the country.
Some of these education programs are devised for newbies, while other courses are just for working therapists who are going after continuing education credit and practicing more advanced tips.
You can find one or two basic courses, a compact occupational job preparation course or a comprehensive accreditation package in one of a few various types of massage treatment.
This portion of the health care and well-being market is flourishing. A large number of men and women are working with restorative massage to enrich their overall health and get relief from aches, injury and tension.
Medical authorities are frequently sending their patients to massage therapy for natural, organic individual healing.
What Are the Jobs Like?
When you become a qualified Kentucky massage specialist, you might have numerous job options.
You may choose to go to work in medical or chiropractors clinics, hospitals, rehab clinics, resorts, fitness clubs, cruise ships, medical salons, or you could also start your own private practice.
What are the Courses Like?
As a massage therapy student, you may study a variety of topics. These topics may include basics of contemporary eastern style and western style; masseuse techniques; sitting options; heated treatment methods; deep tissue treatment; exercise, stretching and movement; practical anatomy and body structure; sports-related care and health spa procedures.
You may also be taught methods for competently dealing with patients in a health related atmosphere.
What’s the First Step?
The first thing is to uncover a great local school. Check over our brief list of Kentucky schools for several suggestions of courses that will get you schooled and into a brand new career within just a fairly short amount of time.
You can begin now.
Schools that might work for you:
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Interested in Changing the Lives of Patients and People with Each New Discussion? Get Educated in the Psychology Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Psychology, Human Services, Social Work Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Look at other choices and other career training in Kentucky.