Have you considered going to school to become a massage therapist?
Our Massage School Finder site is just a quick, simple guide for researching affordable and highly regarded massage therapy training courses at various towns across the nation.
Many of these instruction programs are suited for novices, while a few courses are available for experienced practitioners interested in continuing education credits and acquiring additional tactics.
An interested applicant can find a few basic classes, a quick trade employment training course or a complete accreditation package in various categories of therapeutic massage.
This sector of the health care and well-being industry is expanding. Many people are using restorative massage to improve their overall health and try to get relief from pains, injury and tension.
Health care professionals are increasingly referring their patients to experienced therapists for safe, organic individual healing.
Where Would I Work?
Once you are a competent massage therapist, you’ll have plenty of employment options.
You can choose to work in doctor or chiropractors clinics, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, hotels, fitness clubs, sports medicine clinics, medical spas, or you can also start your own small business.
What Classes Will I Take?
When you become a massage therapy student, you might have classes in a variety of topics. These individual courses might feature basics of contemporary eastern and western styles; masseuse techniques; upright massage; heated remedies; deep tissue massage treatment; movement, stretching and fitness; basic anatomy and physiology; and health spa procedures.
Students will additionally learn methods for properly dealing with patients in a medical care environment.
What is the First Step?
To get started, your first step is to look for a good local school. Think about our short list of Maine schools for several suggestions of programs that will get you trained and into a new occupation within a brief amount of time.
You can start today.
There are some good options:
- Massage Therapy
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Look into different careers – http://www.culinaryschoolsonline.com