Massage therapy can be a great career — is it right for you?
Our Massage School Finder website is just a short, effortless guide to identifying affordable and recognized massage therapy instruction classes at multiple towns across the nation.
A lot of these education courses are specifically for first timers, while other classes are just for experienced therapists who are looking for continuing education credits and mastering more advanced methods.
A person is able to find a few courses, a shorter trade job preparation program or a total accreditation package in one of a few different types of therapeutic massage.
This particular section of the health and well-being market is growing. Many folks are utilizing restorative massage to augment their overall health and seek relief from pains, injury and tension.
Baltimore health care professionals are increasingly sending individuals to massage practitioners for natural, hands-on individual treatments.
What Are the Jobs Like?
When you graduate as a qualified massage specialist, you might have a variety of vocational choices.
You can choose to take a position in doctors or chiropractic offices, hospitals, treatment facilities, resorts, fitness clubs, sports medicine centers, medical spas, or you could also launch your own private practice.
What Will I Learn?
Once you’re a massage student, you may take courses in a range of related topics. These subjects may feature introductions to eastern style and contemporary western style; masseuse techniques; upright options; heated treatment methods; deep tissue treatments; stretching, movement and exercise; basic anatomy and physiology; sports-related care and health spa practices.
Students will additionally learn processes for successfully dealing with patients in a medical related atmosphere.
What is My First Step?
Your first step is to identify a great local training program. Think about our short list of Maryland schools for a couple of recommendations of classes that can get you trained and into a brand new job within a brief period of time.
You could begin right now.
Schools you could consider:
Baltimore School of Massage York Campus is a member of the Steiner Education Group, which is a subsidiary of Steiner Leisure Limited, a global provider of spa services. Steiner Leisure Limited operates more than 175 spas and salons on cruise ships and at resorts worldwide. Steiner spas recruit from the Baltimore School of Massage York Campus.
Classes start November 13!
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
- Massage Therapy
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Look into different college majors. Click here to see more.