Thinking about becoming a massage therapist?
Massage School Finder site is a quick, simple guide for identifying popular and highly regarded massage therapy training programs at multiple spots around the nation.
A number of these education courses are especially for newcomers, while some courses are for experienced practitioners who are needing continuing education credits and discovering the latest techniques.
You can locate single courses, a short trade career preparation program or a complete certificate package in one of a few different styles of massage therapy.
This particular portion of the health care and wellness industry is flourishing. An increasing number of individuals are applying massage therapies to improve their health and find relief from aches, accidents and stress.
Doctors and other healthcare experts are increasingly referring individuals to experienced therapists for safe, non-chemical patient healing.
Where Would I Work?
Once you are a competent therapist, you might have a great deal of job prospects.
You might decide to take a position in healthcare or chiropractor offices, medical centers, treatment clinics, resorts, fitness clubs, sports clinics, health salons, or you could even launch your own private practice.
What are the Classes Like?
Once you’re enrolled as a massage student, you will probably have courses in a number of related topics. These topics could include basics of western and eastern styles; masseuse techniques; upright options; heat treatment methods; deep tissue massage treatment; exercise, stretching and movement; primary anatomy and physiology; and medical spa practices.
Individuals will also be taught approaches for properly working with patients in a medical care atmosphere.
What’s the First Step?
The first thing is to search for a good local training program. Look at our list of Massachusetts schools for a few choices of courses that will have you properly coached and into your brand new career within a short amount of time.
You might get going today.
Take a look through these choices:
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapy-CERT
The Center For Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy Offers:
- Full-time and Part-time Classes
- Hands-On Training in multiple modalities of bodywork
- Experienced and Dedicated Faculty
- Innovative and Cutting-edge Curriculum
- Financial Aid for those who qualify
- Scholarship and Grant Opportunities
- LIFETIME Career Placement Services
The Center for Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy is the perfect place to start training for your massage therapy career.
- Diploma in Massage Therapy
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- BS - Rehabilitation Sciences
- AS - Physical Therapist Assistant
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Skin Care Specialty
A massage career may not be in your future – http://www.graphicartsschools.com