Thinking about going to school for a massage therapy diploma?
Our Massage School Finder site is just a short, straightforward guide for finding affordable and recognized massage instruction sessions at numerous spots across the nation.
Many of these education courses are intended for the beginner, while some courses are for working therapists who are interested in continuing education credit and mastering more advanced techniques.
A prospective student may find individual basic courses, a fast trade career training course or a total certificate package in one of a variety of styles of therapeutic massage.
This specific sector of the medical and well-being market is flourishing. A lot of individuals are using therapeutic massage to augment their health as they try to get relief from aches, injury and tension.
Medical authorities are frequently sending folks to experienced therapists for safe, non-chemical patient attention.
Where are the Jobs?
Being a trained massage therapist, you’ll get lots of career choices.
You can choose to work in doctors or chiropractic clinics, hospitals, rehab clinics, hotels and resorts, health clubs, sports clinics, health spas, or you might even begin your personal small business.
What are the Classes Like?
As a massage therapy student, you will probably have courses in a variety of related topics. These classes might involve basics of contemporary eastern style and western style; masseuse techniques; seated techniques; heated treatments; deep tissue massage treatment; exercise, movement and stretching; primary anatomy and body structure; and medical spa practices.
Individuals could also learn tips for properly dealing with patients in a medical care environment.
What is My First Step?
The first thing is to look for a good school. Examine our listing of Michigan schools for a few options of courses that will get you qualified and into your brand new occupation within a short period of time. Your best choices will usually be in the Detroit area.
You could begin right now.
These schools offer degree programs:
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
Dorsey has been a trusted career training school in Michigan for over 80 years!
We offer training programs designed to prepare our students for careers in fields such as healthcare, beauty, culinary, and skilled trades
- Massage Therapy
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Interested in Changing the Lives of Patients and People with Each New Discussion? Get Educated in the Psychology Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Psychology, Human Services, Social Work Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Maybe you won’t earn a degree in massage — www.graphicartsschools.com