Is a career in massage therapy right for you?
Massage School Finder is a short, convenient guide for finding popular and well-known massage therapy training lessons at a variety of spots around the nation.
A lot of these education courses are especially for newbies, while other classes are meant for working therapists going after continuing education credits and practicing new and more advanced techniques.
An interested applicant could enroll in one or two basic courses, a shorter vocational job training course or a complete certificate package in one of an assortment of styles of massage therapy.
This specific area of the health care and well-being market is booming. A large number of individuals are choosing massage therapies to improve their health and try to get relief from soreness, injuries and anxiety.
Doctors and other health care experts are frequently sending individuals to experienced therapists for safe, hands-on patient treatment.
Where are the Jobs?
As a prepared massage specialist, you might have lots of career options.
You could decide to take a job in doctors or chiropractor offices, medical centers, rehabilitation clinics, hotels, health clubs, sports medicine centers, medical and health salons, or you might even begin your personal private practice.
What Will I Study?
When you become a massage therapy student, you may possibly have classes in a range of different subjects. These individual courses could feature basics of contemporary eastern style and western style; masseuse techniques; upright massage; thermal treatments; deep massage treatment; movement, stretching and exercise; practical anatomy and physiology; and medical spa procedures.
Students could additionally be taught approaches for competently dealing with patients in a health related setting.
What is the First Step?
The first thing is to look for a great school. Think about our brief list of Minnesota schools for a few choices of courses that can have you taught and into your brand new job within a brief period of time.
You might get going right now.
We have put together a list:
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Clinical Psychology (PsyD)
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Massage therapy isn’t right for everyone. Design information for your state.