Is a massage career in your near future?
Massage School Finder site is a short, simple guide to learning about popular and established massage education classes at many points across the nation.
Many training programs are suited for first timers, while a few courses are suitable for working therapists searching for continuing education credits and acquiring the latest tips.
A person can locate only a few basic classes, a compact occupational career preparation program or a full certificate package in one of a few different categories of therapeutic massage.
This specific area of the medical and wellness industry is thriving. A good number of people are working with therapeutic massage to augment their overall health and try to get relief from discomfort, injury and stress.
Medical professionals are frequently referring folks to massage practitioners for natural, non-chemical individual care.
Where Would I Work?
Being a skilled masseuse, you will get a good number of job choices.
You may choose to go to work in healthcare or chiropractic offices, medical centers, rehabilitation clinics, resorts and hotels, health clubs, sports clinics, health salons, or you might possibly begin your personal small business.
What Do We Study?
Once you’re enrolled as a massage student, you may possibly learn a range of subjects. These subjects might feature basics of eastern style and contemporary western style; masseuse techniques; seated options; thermal treatments; deep tissue massage treatment; movement, stretching and fitness; fundamental anatomy and physiology; sports-related care and medical spa procedures.
You will additionally learn methods for properly working with patients in a medical related environment.
What’s the First Step?
Your first step is to look for a good school. Study our report of Missouri schools for some recommendations of courses that can get you prepared and into a new profession within a short period of time.
You might begin now.
We have built a list of schools:
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CACREP-Accredited)-General Program
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Career Counseling
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Interested in Changing the Lives of Patients and People with Each New Discussion? Get Educated in the Psychology Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Psychology, Human Services, Social Work Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Massage may not be right for you. For example, you could earn a diploma in design.