So, you’re thinking about becoming a massage therapist?
This Massage School Finder site is just a fast, simple guide for exploring popular and highly regarded massage training lessons at an assortment of points across the nation.
Some of these instruction programs are designed for novices, while a few classes are just for experienced therapists needing continuing education credits and mastering advanced techniques.
An individual is able to find a few classes, a fairly short occupational career preparation program or a total diploma program in one of a variety of styles of massage treatment.
This specific portion of the health care and well-being market is booming. A good number of people are choosing restorative massage to augment their health and find relief from pain, accidents and stress.
Healthcare experts are increasingly sending individuals to experienced therapists for natural, non-chemical individual attention.
What is the Work Like?
As a prepared masseuse, you could have a great deal of professional prospects.
You may choose to go to work in doctors or chiropractors clinics, medical centers, treatment clinics, resorts and hotels, fitness clubs, sports clinics, medical salons, or you might even start your own private practice.
What Do We Study?
Once you’re enrolled as a massage therapy student, you will take classes in a range of subjects. These classes may feature introductions to contemporary eastern style and western style; masseuse techniques; sitting massage; heat treatment methods; deep tissue techniques; stretching, movement and physical exercise; basic anatomy and physiology; and medical spa procedures.
Individuals may also be taught tips for properly working with patients in a health care environment.
What Should I Do First?
The first step is to search for a good local school. Think about our list of Montana schools for some recommendations of classes that could have you trained and into a new career within just a fairly short period of time.
You might get started now.
Start with this list:
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Massaging may not be perfect for you. GAS has more.