Are you considering going to school for a massage therapy degree?
Our Massage School Finder site is just a quick, uncomplicated guide for researching affordable and well-known massage therapy instruction programs at multiple cities across the country.
Most coaching programs are suited for newcomers, while other courses are meant for experienced practitioners needing continuing education credits and learning the latest methods.
An interested student can find only a few classes, a fairly short trade employment training program or a total accreditation package in various categories of restorative massage.
This specific segment of the medical and wellness industry is flourishing. Lots of folks are applying therapeutic massage to enhance their overall health and get relief from discomfort, injury and stress.
Doctors and other medical professionals are increasingly sending their patients to massage therapists for natural, hands-on patient attention.
What is the Work Like?
Once you are a qualified masseuse, you might have many career choices.
You could choose to take a job in health care or chiropractors offices, hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, hotels, health clubs, sports medical centers, health salons, or you might even begin your own private practice.
What are the Classes Like?
Once you’re enrolled as a massage therapy student, you may learn a variety of topics. These subject areas may involve introductions to contemporary eastern and western styles; masseuse techniques; upright techniques; heat treatments; deep tissue treatment; stretching, movement and physical exercise; fundamental physiology and anatomy; and medical spa procedures.
Individuals will additionally learn tips on properly working with patients in a medical care environment.
What Do I Do First?
Your first step is to look for a good school. Check over our short list of New Jersey schools for several suggestions of classes that can get you properly coached and into your new line of work within a fairly short period of time.
You might get started today.
See some local schools:
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our students that gives them the skills to begin or enhance their careers. We try to help our students meet their goals of changing or enhancing their careers, and also help prospective employers of our graduates in meeting the workforce needs of the 21st century while actively participating in the communities we operate within.
- Massage Therapy
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Massage Therapy
Cortiva Institute School of Massage Therapy's innovative program will help you learn the art of massage therapy and introduce you to a range of career opportunities. Through a holistic approach to education, you'll be well-trained to work in clinics, hospitals, health clubs, spas, with sport teams, or to start a private practice.
Classes start November 13!
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapy
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CACREP-Accredited)-General Program
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Career Counseling
- And more...
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Patient Care Technician
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
Massage may not be your future. So pick a different program in Newark.