Would a career in massage be something you would be interested in?
Massage School Finder website is just a quick, simple guide to exploring popular and highly regarded massage training courses at various spots across the country.
Some of these education courses are designed for beginners, while some courses are available for professional practitioners who are going after continuing education credit and practicing the latest tips.
A prospective student can locate individual classes, a fairly short vocational job training course or a total accreditation program in various styles of massage therapy.
This specific portion of the health care and wellness industry is thriving. Many folks are employing restorative massage to improve their health and locate relief from discomfort, accidents and stress.
Healthcare authorities are increasingly referring their patients to massage practitioners for safe, hands-on individual care.
Where Will I Work?
When you graduate as a prepared therapist, you should have a great many job prospects.
You could decide to take a position in healthcare or chiropractors offices, medical centers, treatment centers, resorts, fitness clubs, sports medicine centers, medical salons, or you could actually start your own private practice.
What Will We Study?
As a massage student, you may take courses in a variety of subjects. These individual courses might feature introductions to eastern style and contemporary western style; acupressure; seated options; heat remedies; deep tissue massage treatment; exercise, stretching and movement; primary anatomy and physiology; and health spa procedures.
Students will also learn methods for appropriately dealing with patients in a health related setting.
What is My First Step?
To get started, your first step is to search for a good local training program. Examine our listing of North Carolina schools for some ideas of classes that can have you schooled and into a brand new career within a short period of time.
You can get rolling right now.
Consider these choices:
- Massage Therapy - Diploma
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Massage Therapy - Certificate
You can complete Southeastern Institute's training programs in as few as 8 months!* Receive handson instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern's small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Professional Clinical Massage Therapy
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- BS Health Science (Post PTA)
- AAS Physical Therapist Assistant
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Massage Therapy
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
You may not be suited for a career in massage. Look at NC options.