Are you thinking about getting into a different career?
Our Massage School Finder is just a fast, easy guide for exploring popular and highly regarded massage training programs at numerous towns around the country.
A lot of these education courses are specifically for first timers, while other courses are designed for professional practitioners looking for continuing education credit and acquiring new and more advanced tactics.
A prospective student might sign up for only a few classes, a shorter vocational career preparation course or a complete certificate package in one of a few different categories of massage treatment.
This section of the healthcare and well-being market is growing. A large number of individuals are making use of therapeutic massage to enrich their health and get relief from pain, injury and anxiety.
Doctors and other healthcare experts are increasingly sending individuals to massage therapists for safe, organic patient treatments.
What is the Work Like?
Once you are a prepared masseuse, you could have a range of vocational options.
You may choose to take a position in health care or chiropractor offices, medical centers, rehab facilities, resorts, health clubs, sports medicine clinics, health spas, or you might actually launch your own private practice.
What Classes Will I Take?
Once you’re enrolled as a massage student, you might explore a number of different topics. These individual courses could feature introductions to eastern style and contemporary western style; acupressure; seated massage; heat therapy; deep tissue treatments; movement, stretching and exercise; simple anatomy and physiology; sports massage and medical spa practices.
Individuals might additionally learn approaches for successfully dealing with patients in a medical care environment.
What’s the First Step?
The first thing is to choose a great local school. Check our collection of North Dakota schools for some suggestions of programs that can have you trained and into a brand new line of work within just a fairly short period of time.
You might get started right now.
Here is our short list:
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Interested in Changing the Lives of Patients and People with Each New Discussion? Get Educated in the Psychology Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Psychology, Human Services, Social Work Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
You may not be interested in a massage therapy career, look at ND choices.