Are you interested in becoming a massage therapist?
This Massage School Finder site is just a quick, simple guide to researching popular and highly regarded massage education courses at an assortment of points across the nation.
Most education programs are especially for novices, while others are designed for working practitioners who are searching for continuing education credits and mastering new and more advanced techniques.
An individual might enroll in individual basic courses, a quick occupational job training course or a full accreditation package in various styles of massage therapy.
This specific area of the health care and well-being market is expanding. An increasing number of people are applying therapeutic massage to enhance their overall health and search out relief from pains, injuries and tension.
Health care experts are frequently sending individuals to massage therapy for safe, organic individual treatments.
Tell Me About the Jobs?
Being a trained therapist, you will get many career prospects.
You can choose to take a job in healthcare or chiropractor clinics, hospitals, treatment clinics, hotels, fitness clubs, sports medicine clinics, medical salons, or you might even launch your personal private practice.
What are the Courses Like?
As a massage therapy student, you may explore a number of subjects. These courses may feature introductions to eastern style and contemporary western style; acupressure; upright massage; heat therapies; deep tissue massage treatment; movement, stretching and physical exercise; primary anatomy and body structure; and health spa practices.
Individuals might also be taught methods for competently working with patients in a health care setting.
What’s the First Step?
To get started, your first step is to choose a good school. Look at our report of South Carolina schools for a couple of options of classes that could have you taught and into a new job within a fairly short amount of time.
You might start now.
Begin your research here:
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapist
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- BS Health Science (Post PTA)
- AAS Physical Therapist Assistant
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (AS)
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Trauma
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
You may want to look into different career fields, learn more.