Are you thinking about training to become a massage therapist?
This Massage School Finder website is a quick, effortless guide to exploring popular and highly regarded massage therapy training lessons at numerous locations around the country.
Many coaching programs are intended for newbies, while others are suitable for professional therapists searching for continuing education credits and learning the newest tips.
A prospective student can locate one or two basic classes, a limited vocational employment preparation program or a comprehensive accreditation program in one of an assortment of categories of massage therapy.
This specific part of the health care and wellness market is booming. Lots of folks are making use of massage therapies to enrich their overall health and seek relief from pain, injury and anxiety.
Medical experts are frequently sending patients to massage therapy for safe, organic individual treatment.
What is the Work Like?
As a qualified therapist, you might have numerous vocational opportunities.
You could decide to take a position in doctors or chiropractic offices, hospitals, rehabilitation clinics, resorts, health clubs, sports medicine clinics, medical spas, or you could also begin your personal private practice.
What Do We Study?
Once you’re enrolled as a massage student, you may possibly have classes in a number of related subjects. These individual classes could feature introductions to contemporary western and eastern styles; masseuse techniques; seated techniques; heated remedies; deep tissue treatment; exercise, movement and stretching; fundamental anatomy and physiology; sports-related care and health spa procedures.
You might also be taught procedures for appropriately working with patients in a health care setting.
What Do I Do First?
The first step is to locate a good school. Examine our listing of South Dakota schools for several suggestions of courses that could have you taught and into a new profession within a brief period of time.
You can begin now.
You could start with these schools:
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Career alternatives include graduate school at other state schools.