Are you thinking about training to become a massage therapist?
This Massage School Finder website is a quick, effortless guide to exploring popular and highly regarded massage therapy training lessons at numerous locations around the country.
Many coaching programs are intended for newbies, while others are suitable for professional therapists searching for continuing education credits and learning the newest tips.
A prospective student can locate one or two basic classes, a limited vocational employment preparation program or a comprehensive accreditation program in one of an assortment of categories of massage therapy.
This specific part of the health care and wellness market is booming. Lots of folks are making use of massage therapies to enrich their overall health and seek relief from pain, injury and anxiety.
Medical experts are frequently sending patients to massage therapy for safe, organic individual treatment.
What is the Work Like?
As a qualified therapist, you might have numerous vocational opportunities.
You could decide to take a position in doctors or chiropractic offices, hospitals, rehabilitation clinics, resorts, health clubs, sports medicine clinics, medical spas, or you could also begin your personal private practice.
What Do We Study?
Once you’re enrolled as a massage student, you may possibly have classes in a number of related subjects. These individual classes could feature introductions to contemporary western and eastern styles; masseuse techniques; seated techniques; heated remedies; deep tissue treatment; exercise, movement and stretching; fundamental anatomy and physiology; sports-related care and health spa procedures.
You might also be taught procedures for appropriately working with patients in a health care setting.
What Do I Do First?
The first step is to locate a good school. Examine our listing of South Dakota schools for several suggestions of courses that could have you taught and into a new profession within a brief period of time.
You can begin now.
You could start with these schools:
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Career alternatives include graduate school at other state schools.