Are you considering a career in the massage field?
This Massage School Finder is just a short, easy guide for learning about affordable and highly regarded massage therapy education courses at many spots across the country.
Some of these education courses are developed for beginners, while other courses are just for professional practitioners who are looking for continuing education credit and learning the latest tactics.
An interested applicant will find just a few basic classes, a modest occupational career training program or a comprehensive certificate program in one of a few various types of therapeutic massage.
This particular sector of the health and well-being market is flourishing. A good number of people are using massage therapies to augment their overall health and try to get relief from discomfort, accidents and stress.
Doctors and other healthcare authorities are frequently sending folks to experienced therapists for natural, organic patient attention.
What Kind of Jobs are There?
When you become a competent masseuse, you will get numerous professional prospects.
You might decide to go to work in doctors or chiropractor clinics, hospitals, rehab facilities, hotels, fitness clubs, sports medicine clinics, health salons, or you might actually launch your own small business.
What are the Courses Like?
Once you’re enrolled as a massage therapy student, you might take courses in a variety of different subjects. These subject areas may feature basics of eastern and western style; masseuse techniques; upright massage; heated therapies; deep treatment; stretching, movement and exercise; basic anatomy and body structure; sports-related care and health spa procedures.
You might additionally be taught techniques for successfully dealing with patients in a health care environment.
Where Do I Go First?
The first step is to find a great local school. Study our short list of Texas schools for several suggestions of classes that could get you trained and into a brand new line of work within a short period of time.
You could start now.
We have a short list of possible schools:
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapist
The Texas Center for Massage Therapy is a member of the Steiner Education Group, which is a subsidiary of Steiner Leisure Limited, a global provider of spa services. Steiner Leisure Limited operates more than 175 spas and salons on cruise ships and at resorts worldwide. Steiner spas recruit from the Steiner Education Group schools.
Classes start October 10!
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
- Massage Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
Other career alternatives include graduate school. Visit other schools.