Are you considering a career in the massage field?
This Massage School Finder is just a short, easy guide for learning about affordable and highly regarded massage therapy education courses at many spots across the country.
Some of these education courses are developed for beginners, while other courses are just for professional practitioners who are looking for continuing education credit and learning the latest tactics.
An interested applicant will find just a few basic classes, a modest occupational career training program or a comprehensive certificate program in one of a few various types of therapeutic massage.
This particular sector of the health and well-being market is flourishing. A good number of people are using massage therapies to augment their overall health and try to get relief from discomfort, accidents and stress.
Doctors and other healthcare authorities are frequently sending folks to experienced therapists for natural, organic patient attention.
What Kind of Jobs are There?
When you become a competent masseuse, you will get numerous professional prospects.
You might decide to go to work in doctors or chiropractor clinics, hospitals, rehab facilities, hotels, fitness clubs, sports medicine clinics, health salons, or you might actually launch your own small business.
What are the Courses Like?
Once you’re enrolled as a massage therapy student, you might take courses in a variety of different subjects. These subject areas may feature basics of eastern and western style; masseuse techniques; upright massage; heated therapies; deep treatment; stretching, movement and exercise; basic anatomy and body structure; sports-related care and health spa procedures.
You might additionally be taught techniques for successfully dealing with patients in a health care environment.
Where Do I Go First?
The first step is to find a great local school. Study our short list of Texas schools for several suggestions of classes that could get you trained and into a brand new line of work within a short period of time.
You could start now.
We have a short list of possible schools:
The Texas Center for Massage Therapy is a member of the Steiner Education Group, which is a subsidiary of Steiner Leisure Limited, a global provider of spa services. Steiner Leisure Limited operates more than 175 spas and salons on cruise ships and at resorts worldwide. Steiner spas recruit from the Steiner Education Group schools.
Classes start November 13!
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
- Massage Therapy
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Patient Care Technician
Other career alternatives include graduate school. Visit other schools.