Are you considering a career in the massage field?
This Massage School Finder is just a short, easy guide for learning about affordable and highly regarded massage therapy education courses at many spots across the country.
Some of these education courses are developed for beginners, while other courses are just for professional practitioners who are looking for continuing education credit and learning the latest tactics.
An interested applicant will find just a few basic classes, a modest occupational career training program or a comprehensive certificate program in one of a few various types of therapeutic massage.
This particular sector of the health and well-being market is flourishing. A good number of people are using massage therapies to augment their overall health and try to get relief from discomfort, accidents and stress.
Doctors and other healthcare authorities are frequently sending folks to experienced therapists for natural, organic patient attention.
What Kind of Jobs are There?
When you become a competent masseuse, you will get numerous professional prospects.
You might decide to go to work in doctors or chiropractor clinics, hospitals, rehab facilities, hotels, fitness clubs, sports medicine clinics, health salons, or you might actually launch your own small business.
What are the Courses Like?
Once you’re enrolled as a massage therapy student, you might take courses in a variety of different subjects. These subject areas may feature basics of eastern and western style; masseuse techniques; upright massage; heated therapies; deep treatment; stretching, movement and exercise; basic anatomy and body structure; sports-related care and health spa procedures.
You might additionally be taught techniques for successfully dealing with patients in a health care environment.
Where Do I Go First?
The first step is to find a great local school. Study our short list of Texas schools for several suggestions of classes that could get you trained and into a brand new line of work within a short period of time.
You could start now.
We have a short list of possible schools:
The Texas Center for Massage Therapy is a member of the Steiner Education Group, which is a subsidiary of Steiner Leisure Limited, a global provider of spa services. Steiner Leisure Limited operates more than 175 spas and salons on cruise ships and at resorts worldwide. Steiner spas recruit from the Steiner Education Group schools.
Classes start November 13!
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
- Physical Therapy Technician Certificate
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Patient Care Technician
Other career alternatives include graduate school. Visit other schools.