Thinking about taking massage therapist classes?
Massage School Finder website is just a quick, convenient guide to researching popular and established massage therapy education programs at many locations around the country.
Some of these training programs are ideal for first timers, while a few classes are available for professional therapists who are seeking continuing education credit and learning the newest tips.
An individual is able to find one or two basic classes, a quick trade employment preparation course or a complete certification program in various categories of massage therapy.
This specific segment of the health care and well-being industry is thriving. A good number of men and women are working with restorative massage to enhance their health and seek relief from aches, injuries and tension.
Healthcare professionals are frequently referring individuals to experienced therapists for natural, hands-on individual treatment.
What Kind of Jobs are There?
Once you are a competent therapist, there will be a good number of vocational opportunities.
You could decide to take a job in health care or chiropractic offices, hospitals, rehab facilities, hotels and resorts, health clubs, cruise ships, medical and health salons, or you can actually launch your own private practice.
What Classes Will I Take?
Once you’re enrolled as a massage student, you may possibly take courses in a variety of different subjects. These topics might include basics of contemporary eastern style and western style; masseuse techniques; sitting massage; thermal therapy; deep massage treatment; movement, stretching and physical exercise; simple anatomy and physiology; sports-related care and medical spa procedures.
Individuals could additionally be taught techniques for properly working with patients in a healthcare atmosphere.
Where Do I Go First?
To get started, your first step is to uncover a great local school. Check over our brief list of Virginia schools for a few options of courses that will get you prepared and into your new profession within just a brief amount of time.
You could get moving right now.
Our list of affordable schools:
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Massage Therapy
- Massage Therapist
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Massage Therapy - Associate's
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Virginia School of Massage, that career can be yours.
Classes start October 10!
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Massage Therapy
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (AS)
- Respiratory Therapy
- Does psychology interest you? See if Grand Canyon University could be a good fit for your journey in discovering the human mind!
- GCU offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Science in Psychology with an emphasis in either General Psychology or Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at GCU provides a job focused education, blending the study of traditional humanities in a modern context.
- GCU offers a variety of learning options, including: traditional degree programs offered at our main campus, online degrees, or evening classes meeting once a week at various locations.
- Founded in 1949, GCU is a regionally accredited, private Christian university and is recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- Request information and learn more about our program offerings, start dates, financial aid and more!
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
If you feel you aren’t the right fit for a massage certificate, you have alternatives — http://Mastersdegreesonline.org