Trying to decide whether formal education as a massage therapist is for you?
Our Massage School Finder is just a short, straightforward guide for locating affordable and recognized massage instruction classes at many spots across the nation.
Most of these education courses are suitable for newcomers, while other courses are available for experienced practitioners looking for continuing education credit and practicing new and more advanced methods.
A person may find one or two classes, a fast trade career training program or a total accreditation package in one of a few various types of restorative massage.
This particular segment of the medical and wellness industry is growing. A growing number of folks are using restorative massage to augment their overall health and seek relief from pain, accidents and stress.
Doctors and other healthcare authorities are increasingly sending folks to massage clinics for safe, non-chemical individual treatments.
What Kind of Jobs are There?
When you become a certified masseuse, there will be numerous vocational choices.
You can choose to work in medical or chiropractic offices, medical centers, rehab facilities, resorts, fitness clubs, sports medicine centers, medical salons, or you could possibly begin your personal private practice.
What Will I Learn?
As a massage student, you will probably have courses in a variety of different subjects. These subject areas might feature basics of contemporary western and eastern styles; acupressure; sitting techniques; thermal treatment methods; deep tissue massage treatment; movement, stretching and physical exercise; basic physiology and anatomy; sports massage and health spa practices.
You could additionally be taught approaches for properly dealing with patients in a medical care setting.
What Do I Do First?
Your first step is to identify a great school. Look at our report of Washington schools for a couple of suggestions of classes that can have you schooled and into your brand new vocation within just a brief period of time.
You might begin now.
We have a list of affordable options:
Cortiva Institute School of Massage Therapy's innovative program will help you learn the art of massage therapy and introduce you to a range of career opportunities. Through a holistic approach to education, you'll be well-trained to work in clinics, hospitals, health clubs, spas, with sport teams, or to start a private practice.
Classes start November 13!
- Massage Therapy
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Interested in Changing the Lives of Patients and People with Each New Discussion? Get Educated in the Psychology Field.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Psychology, Human Services, Social Work Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
There are options to a massage therapist career if you don’t think you are right for it – www.MastersDegreesOnline.org