Wondering if the massage therapy field might be right for you?
Our Massage School Finder is a short, simple guide to learning about affordable and established massage education sessions at assorted cities across the country.
Many of these instruction programs are made for newcomers, while some courses are available for working practitioners looking for continuing education credit and discovering new and more advanced tips.
A prospective student will find only a few classes, a limited trade job training program or a complete accreditation program in one of a few various styles of massage.
This specific sector of the healthcare and wellness market is expanding. Lots of people are utilizing massage therapies to enhance their overall health and search out relief from aches, injury and tension.
Medical experts are frequently sending their patients to massage therapists for natural, hands-on patient care.
Where Would I Work?
As a trained masseuse, you will have several career opportunities.
You might decide to go to work in medical or chiropractors offices, hospitals, rehab clinics, hotels, fitness clubs, sports clinics, medical and health salons, or you could actually start your personal private practice.
What Classes Will I Take?
Once you’re a massage student, you might take courses in a variety of subjects. These individual classes could include introductions to contemporary eastern and western styles; acupressure; sitting options; heat treatments; deep treatments; stretching, movement and physical exercise; simple anatomy and body structure; sports-related care and medical spa practices.
Students could additionally be taught procedures for competently dealing with patients in a health related setting.
What is the First Step?
The first thing is to choose a good local school. Look at our listing of West Virginia schools for a few recommendations of classes that could get you coached and into a new career within a brief amount of time.
You might get rolling today.
Look through this short list:
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Virginia School of Massage, that career can be yours.
Classes start November 13!
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
You can see options to a massage therapist degree at Mastersdegreesonline.org