Are you considering getting started in a career in massage therapy?
This Massage School Finder website is a fast, simple guide for exploring affordable and well-known massage training lessons at numerous cities around the nation.
Some of these education courses are designed for novices, while a few classes are meant for experienced practitioners who are going after continuing education credit and acquiring new and more advanced tactics.
An individual can locate a few classes, a compact occupational employment training course or a full certification package in one of a variety of categories of massage treatment.
This particular section of the health and wellness industry is growing. A growing number of men and women are working with restorative massage to improve their overall health and locate relief from pains, injuries and stress.
Doctors and other medical experts are increasingly referring folks to massage practitioners for natural, hands-on individual treatment.
Where Would I Work?
As a qualified masseuse, you’ll have a great many employment opportunities.
You can choose to take a position in medical or chiropractic clinics, hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, resorts, health clubs, cruise ships, health salons, or you can even begin your own small business.
What Will We Study?
When you become a massage therapy student, you may have classes in a variety of topics. These individual courses could feature basics of eastern style and contemporary western style; masseuse techniques; seated techniques; heat therapy; deep tissue techniques; movement, stretching and physical exercise; basic physiology and anatomy; sports-related care and health spa procedures.
Students will additionally learn methods for successfully dealing with patients in a health care environment.
What Should I Do First?
The first step is to search for a great local school. Give some thought to our listing of Wyoming schools for several ideas of courses that could get you schooled and into your new occupation within just a brief period of time.
You could get rolling today.
Take a look at these options:
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Work in the fascinating and rewarding field of psychology - earn your bachelor's or master's degree online with Grand Canyon University.
- The College of Humanities and Social Sciences promotes research, creativity, ethical formation and inquiry through critical, analytical and interdisciplinary study.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's in psychology degrees combine academic theory with practical application.
- Gain a comprehensive study of human behavior within a Christian values-oriented environment designed to emphasize compassion and ethics.
- Join a values-based community surrounded by compassion, ethics and research on human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, Organizational, and Clinical Psychology Degree Programs and MORE.
- View Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate and Graduate Certificate Degree Programs in Psychology and Human Services Near YOU!
- Accredited and Flexible Psychology Degree Programs to Fit Your Time and Budget. Use Our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Being a massage therapist may not be the right job for most people. Look at more WY colleges.